LBWCC releases back to school plan
Lurleen B. Wallace Community College has released its COVID-19 plans as students prepare to head back to campus.
The information included in this plan outlines the procedures that Lurleen B. Wallace Community College employees, students, and visitors will follow during Fall Semester 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. LBWCC has developed an operational strategy for all divisions of the College.
“Employees will work hard to ensure that, to the extent possible, the College maintains a safe and secure learning environment for our students and visitors,” The plan states. “The College will continue to maintain operations while promoting social distancing, good hygiene, and personal protective equipment to ensure safety.”
The College is strictly following the guidance and best practices recommended for COVID-19 by the CDC, ADPH, and ACCS. All LBWCC employees, students, and visitors are required to adhere to these guidelines and practices at all times while on any campus of the College. Fall 2020 operations of LBWCC will begin in the “yellow” category as directed by ACCS with a “Modified Access” status.
This phase will allow:
• Expanded Faculty, Administrative, Academic, Student Affairs, and Business Operations
• Limited on-campus events and activities maintaining compliance with health and safety requirements
• On-campus housing with temperature check and questionnaire protocols
• Resumption of on-campus classes in modified social distance formats
• All travel requests require strict review and must be essential
• No travel outside of the Continental United States will be allowed without approval of the Chancellor
• Student clinical, externships, and apprenticeships are approved as allowed by local clinical sites and apprentice employers
• Faculty meetings, Committee meetings, and College meetings will be held remotely as much as possible.
For the entire plan, visit lbwcc.edu.